11.09.2011

I'm So Proud of You

It is easy to focus on the negative in life.
Winter is coming, it is getting colder. Gas prices are going back up. The Browns cannot figure out their offence. It is easy to focus on the negatives.
When factoring in personal problems it could really get one down.
This past week has been a roller coaster. My mother has been in and out of the hospital, my grandmother is facing major surgery, I lost a new friend, and some one I considered my best friend stabbed me in the back harder than I could imagine.
These were the only things running through my mind. These stresses plus the stresses of school, work, and bills weighed me down. I became lost in my own thoughts. I needed something to remind me of the good things in life.
While I was working, my sister called me. She asked me how I was and I completely broke down. I told her everything that had been on my mind. She reminded me that there is a bigger plan for my life. She reminded me that I have a family that is always there to support me and love me. She reminded me of the good things in my life.
I could hear my nieces and nephew playing in the background. My youngest niece was yelling, “I need to talk on the phone! This is important!” Therefore, my sister quickly gave the phone to my niece. She began to tell me that all she wants for her birthday, which is not until February, is for her and I to get our ears pierced together. That was all I needed to hear.
All the stress and heaviness lifted from my shoulders. I realized there was no point in being so down and gloomy. Life is a beautiful thing and it is to be enjoyed.
Simplicity is missing in today’s culture. However, the simple things in life keep us all sane.
Competition drives our culture. Within this competition, people try to bring others down to climb to their idea of success. This tearing down of others is more harmful than most think.
When you see someone work so hard to make sure others fail, in order to bring them success, it can affect you in different ways.
You can allow that person to get the best of you. Let them take the joy from your life and make you feel like you are a failure.
On the other hand, you can allow it to make you stronger. If someone is putting that much effort into deterring your success, they feel some type of inferiority. I have learned that petty actions stem from fear. A fear that you are better than they are at something.
With human’s natural competitive nature, petty actions are usually a first resort to eliminate that inferiority.
When you feel someone pulling you down, remember the good things in your life. Even the simplest thing like that adorable dog you saw on your way to campus this morning. Focus on the positives in life.
Beautiful things surround our lives everyday. They are easy to miss though if all that fills your head are negative thoughts and the negatives actions of others toward you.
Just remember the good things, the simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment